Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Blog About Jon Orsi’s Blog


In response to Jon Orsi’s blog I will ask firstly how would I describe Jon Orsi. Jon Orsi is a fun loving son of a gun that likes wearing Carhartt pants, crying in front of beautiful sunsets and a nice friendly game of polo at the country club on Sunday afternoons. All and all though he is a great kid and a good companion so that’s why I thought I should comment on one of his blogs and give my altering opinion of the story of Pygmalion

All right time for serious business, I don’t agree with Orsi when he says, “that the story of Pygmalion is false information”. The reason for this is my own personal view of the subject matter. I feel like Orsi interpreted the story Pygmalion wrong because of the underlying story of the metamorphoses. Even though the movie “Weird Science” told a very similar story to the one f Pygmalion I feel that it was in a very different context. The movie “Weird Science” was geared toward crazed 80’s teens wearing t-shirts with sideways neon pink triangles on them; Pygmalion’s story rests in the book of changes with a far deeper metaphor than simply, boy can’t girl, boy make girl, girl teaches boy to be cool, boy get real girl. The story of Pygmalion to me had more to do with the redemptive power of art. Pygmalion created a structure so beautiful and with so much of his passion that it came to life. Great art comes to life and immortalizes the artist. That is why do not believe that this is the sad story of some dirty old man. It is a story that is intertwined in book that talks about bodies becoming other bodies and having immortality through beautiful art. So on that note I am going to leave this as it is and wait for Orsi to write a blog about my blog

No comments: