Monday, April 30, 2007

Visual Representation of Cupid and Psyche


For this assignment I choose to do something a little for my visual representation. Looking through other people’s blogs to see what they did for their assignment I saw that most people choose to visually represent Cupid and Psyche in older pieces of work. I thought this was interesting but I was more interested in seeing Cupid and Psyche represented in a newer piece of art. Searching the Internet I was able to find an encyclopedia of Cupid and Psyche art. As I was scrolling through this encyclopedia I found a blown glass piece that was very abstract and like nothing I had ever seen before. This piece of art was created by Robert Carlson in 2001. I really could not find any articles on this artist online so I don’t know his background. Regardless, to me this piece is very unique and genuine especially after the many years of different artist creating art on Cupid and Psyche.

No comments: